Home / Blog / Here's what you need to know about LAN Cable
Here's what you need to know about LAN Cable
Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-02-21 Origin: Site
What is LAN Cable?
A LAN cable is a cable used to connect local area network (Local Area Network, LAN for short) devices. It consists of one or more insulated wires, each of which receives a signal, and thus constitutes a specific cable structure.
LAN cable consists of cables, joints and connectors. The cable is composed of multiple strands of insulated wire, and each strand of insulated wire has 4 wires, which are red, green, orange and blue, and there are 8 small metal coils on each wire, and these 8 metal coils form a network cables.
The connector is used to connect the network cable, and it has 8 interfaces, which are used to connect the 4 wires of red, green, orange and blue respectively. The connector is used to connect network cables and devices. It has 8 interfaces, which are used to connect 4 wires of red, green, orange and blue respectively.
Common types of LAN Cable
Twisted-pair cable is a type of cable that consists of four twisted pairs, each of which consists of multiple strands of a different color, carefully designed to reduce electromagnetic interference. It can support data transfer rates of 10/100/1000 Mbps.
A coaxial cable is a cable that consists of a center wire and an outer conductor with an insulator between the center wire and the outer conductor. It can support a data transfer rate of 10 Mbps.
A fiber optic cable is a cable that consists of a glass or plastic fiber that can support data transfer rates of 10/100/1000 Mbps. It can provide higher data transfer rates, is more stable than other types of cables, and it can provide longer transmission distances.
Advantages of LAN Cable
LAN Cable has high-speed transmission speed, can realize gigabit network, and can meet the needs of most networks.
LAN Cable can provide higher security because they are wired and can avoid the security risks of wireless networks.
The installation and maintenance of LAN Cable is relatively easy, you only need to connect them to routers or switches without any other configuration.
LAN Cable can provide higher stability, they will not be disturbed and can provide a more stable network connection.
Application scenarios of LAN Cable
Home network: The LAN cable can be used to connect devices such as game consoles and printers in the home to realize the establishment of a home network.
Enterprise network: LAN cable can be used to connect computers, routers, and other equipment in the enterprise to realize the establishment of the enterprise network.
Data center network: LAN cables can be used to connect servers, switches and other equipment in the data center to realize the establishment of the data center network.
1. Prepare installation tools: You need to prepare a wire stripper, a wire twister, a pair of pliers, a saw, a drill, a pair of pliers, a wire puller, and a wire puller.
2. Find the location to be installed: According to the location to be installed, find a suitable location and determine the installation point.
3. Install the network cable: insert the network cable into the network cable socket, insert the network cable plug into the network cable socket, and then insert the network cable plug into the network cable socket.
4. Install the network equipment: install the network equipment on the network socket, and connect the network equipment to the network socket.
5. Test the network: use the network test tool to test whether the network works normally.
Precautions for installing LAN cable:
1. Before installation, check whether the network equipment is in good condition to avoid damage.
2. Pay attention to safety during installation to avoid accidents.
3. Pay attention to the wiring of the network lines during installation, so as not to affect the normal use of the network.
4. After the installation is complete, a network test should be performed to ensure that the network is working properly.
Hangzhou Aite Cable Co., LTD. is one of the leading manufacturers of coaxial cables，lan cables, security cables, alarm cables, and CCTV cables for camera etc,. With certification of CE, ROHS Compliant, and ISO 9001.